- Oct 08 Sat 2016 09:51
- Oct 07 Fri 2016 17:00
- Oct 01 Sat 2016 20:35
- 1. vi.屈尊, 俯就
- 2. 故意表示和蔼可亲
- a condescending smile.
- a condescending attitude
- take care not to condescend to your reader.
- hate to be condescended to
- Would you condescend to accompany me?
- he acknowledged their presence with a condescending sneer.
- The king condescended to eat with the beggars.
- won't condescend to acknowledge his rival's greeting;
- He never condescends to speak to me.
- I saw that he had condescended to me.
- It is said the general condescended to eat with the soldiers every Sunday.
- The king condescended to take advice from his servants.
- we'll be waiting for twenty minutes before she condescends to appear.
- [with clause]the article sneered or just condescended, depending on how you read it.
- I didn’t like his tone of voice; I felt he was being condescending.
- He tends to adopt a condescending manner when talking to young women.
- Oct 01 Sat 2016 10:10